If you answer “yes” to three or more of the following questions, your facility may be good candidate for CHP, and the U.S. DOE Northeast
CHP Technical Assistance Partnership can offer technical assistance to evaluate your site for CHP feasibility:
- Do you pay more than $.08/ kWh on average for electricity (including generation, transmission and distribution)?
- Are you concerned about the impact of current or future energy costs on your business?
- Are you concerned about power reliability? Is there a substantial
financial impact to your business if the power goes out for 1 hour? For
- Does your facility operate for more than 5000 hours/ year?
- Do you have thermal loads throughout the year (including steam, hot water, chilled water, hot air, etc.)?
Does your facility have an existing central plant?
- Do you expect to replace, upgrade or retrofit central plant equipment within the next 3-5 years?
- Do you anticipate a facility expansion or new construction project within the next 3-5 years?
- Have you already implemented energy efficiency measures and still have high energy costs?
- Are you interested in reducing your facility's impact on the environment?
- Do you have access to on-site or nearby biomass resources (i.e.
landfill gas, farm manure, food processing waste, etc.?
If you answered "yes" to three or more of the above questions, then we
encourage you to get in touch with us for
a free site screening and other additional support.